Man shot and killed by trooper after fleeing driver's license checkpoint in Miami, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know...instead of being on here preaching to the choir why don't you get on the phone or better yet go in person to the state capitol and start lobbying for change. For the record I'm not a big fan of these checkpoints either.

Your right, I have done all emails on the topic of cops being put in bad situations. Now I will find out where and when I can meet face to face. GC, I know it's not the cop/trooper on the street that enjoys this, at some point the unions need to chime in also.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many check points have federal grants?

THAT'S a good question ... and I don't know the answer. I do remember a time when certain a certain checkpoint in Stephens County was specifically labeled as "drug related" for public consumption, but the officer's involved told my dad it was only being done to snag money for the city (Duncan) ... that was back in the 70's and I have no clue where this money was coming from ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the situation issued? A single DUI put a LOT of money in a LOT of pockets including the city/township.

That could have been but that was not the impression I got. Back then quotas around there were a commonly known, not very well kept secret ... and there was no talk of quotas with regard to this particular checkpoint ... the only reason I know as much as I do about this one is it was held in the same spot on the only road out to my dad's business ... His cop buddies would tell him when they were gonna happen so he and mom could make sure they weren't out on the highway with a van full of hungry kids ...

I know I know I know ... how unfair ... damned JBTs helping out a law-abiding person like that ... :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom