Man shot and killed by trooper after fleeing driver's license checkpoint in Miami, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a whole, do Troopers support the checkpoints?

Most of the ones I know as a whole do NOT support these. I'm sure if you look closely the almighty dollar is in these. And if I had to guess it's federal "Grant" money. Do I know for sure? No. But I bet it costs more to conduct one of these than they pull in. And that usually translates to a .gov program.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have read, the man fled the checkpoint in a car and then stopped a few block later and exited, facing the trooper with a gun. There really isn't much of a choice for a trooper at that point. My cousin is the trooper.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have read, the man fled the checkpoint in a car and then stopped a few block later and exited, facing the trooper with a gun. There really isn't much of a choice for a trooper at that point. My cousin is the trooper.

Our discussion went to check points in general, getting out of your car with a gun will get you a Darwin award.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Please let your cousin know he is in our thoughts. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for him right now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Off topic: They're sending cops in to Baltimore and they are getting beat by the "people". Someone is going to die in this one.

Maybe the city let it get away from them?
Their mayor said in a speech that she agrees that they are expressing their 1st amendment rights. She also said that for those that came to destroy, they would be given space to do so.
That's not a quote, but close.
There are pics coming out of average citizens defending businesses. No cops in sight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom