Man shot and killed by trooper after fleeing driver's license checkpoint in Miami, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man shot and killed by trooper after fleeing driver's license checkpoint
after running from police checkpoint and stepping out of car armed to face police in Miami, OK.

FIFY

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep. Play stupid games ... I don't agree with checkpoints ... think they are fishing expeditions and they need to be outlawed ... but pulling a gun on a cop is just ... well ... hmmmm ... you REALLY gotta wonder about the thought process ...

Maybe he thought it was a taser

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am probably one of the few people on here who support Police Officers. When they STOP, you STOP. When they say put your nose on the pavement you DO IT! That way you don't get shot. JMHO.

I support our police and totally agree that when you run from the cops, they will come get you and you might not like it. If you have a problem with the police there are the courts, the media, and public process to help you deal with it. That is a separate issue from the 4th amendment violations that government compliance checks are. That is a slippery and dangerous slope that today's supporters might not like when the other party gains power and uses it to their agendas.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking ... oh, I dunno ... that ANY physical altercation with a **nice police officer** is just a bad idea ... EVERY single attorney I worked for also actively encouraged their clients to NOT do scuffle with cops, too ... you gotta think that if the guy you pay lots of money to to keep your bass outta jail tells you not to fight with cops, that MAYBE there might be something to that ...

Personally, I'm more inclined to do what is asked of me ... take names and badge numbers and let my lawyer negotiate a nice, non-disclosable settlement on my behalf ... if I feel I've been mistreated ...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom