Pellet gun for backyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking for a pellet gun (air rifle) for the backyard. Haven't had one in 40+ years, looking to control a few crows and other vermin. The Crossman 1377 air pistol looks fun and may just be the ticket. Does anyone have one of these and a opinion?

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read your local and state laws. It's still illegal. That being said.....I have a Benjamin pump .177 rifle and a Benjamin pump .20 pistol that both get shot in the backyard regularly. Either are powerful enough to take down a crow or squirrel.

Coz

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a box of Aquila Super Colibra 22LR and shoot them out of my henry lever action 22. They are 20 grain bullets that hit about 500 fps and are no louder than a pellet gun. They don't have enough power to work a semiautomatic rifle or pistol. I do a lot of hobby woodworking and my neighbors (who are pretty close) think I'm using my nail guns in the shop.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooting a pellet gun in your backyard is illegal? Just another perk to living in the burbs. Thanks Coz, going to the store to get a rifle.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a box of Aquila Super Colibra 22LR and shoot them out of my henry lever action 22. They are 20 grain bullets that hit about 500 fps and are no louder than a pellet gun. They don't have enough power to work a semiautomatic rifle or pistol. I do a lot of hobby woodworking and my neighbors (who are pretty close) think I'm using my nail guns in the shop.

Where did you find this Aquila Super Colibra 22LR ? I couldn't even find it online.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting a pellet gun in your backyard is illegal? Just another perk to living in the burbs. Thanks Coz, going to the store to get a rifle.

Check your local ordinances, some make exceptions like:

City Code - Lawton said:
This section shall not apply to the following circumstances:
4. For the purpose of target shooting on private premises with air, spring or CO2 operated BB, pellet guns or slingshots if:
a. The target area is enclosed in such manner and with materials that will stop the projectiles;
b. Such target shooting is supervised by an adult at all times; and
c. Any safety precautions recommended by the chief of police are complied with.

I have a Ruger Blackhawk Elite I picked up at WalMart that I've gotten a lot of fun out of. It's a spring operated break-over single shot, came with a little 4x32 scope. Looks like this:

[Broken External Image]

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a brick from Midway USA, but it's been a year or so back. Looks like it's gone the way of other 22 ammo. It's been a while, but I've seen a box or two for sale on the OSA site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom