BBQ season is here.... what's cookin' this week??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some chickens just starting to get happy.

Sheekins.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some chickens just starting to get happy.

View attachment 47594

I've done chicken legs a couple of times in the smoker and never really was happy with them. The skin turned out very rubbery and tough. Another thing I will try some more of this year, I think. I've got the pork stuff down pretty pat, but that's a long ways from a full repertoire. :D

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done chicken legs a couple of times in the smoker and never really was happy with them. The skin turned out very rubbery and tough. Another thing I will try some more of this year, I think. I've got the pork stuff down pretty pat, but that's a long ways from a full repertoire. :D

I usually give my chicken some smoke at about 250 and then about half way through I raise my smoker temp up to about 325-350 to finish up the chicken and the skin turns out pretty nice.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm planning to smoke a ham Saturday. I've been seriously jonsing for smoked ham and eggs for breakfast.

Then I'll use the bone and leftovers for a pot of Hoppin John ;-)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its Taco Tuesday at my house every week and right now it aint rainin and everyones gone but me so got the grill warmin up and gonna quick grill me up a piece of strip steak from the deepfreeze. I cut up some white onion, cilantro, and a pepper, and have some small corn tortillas warming. Street tacos. 8 tacos all for me and I aint sharing...

Latest posts

Top Bottom