Son thinking about Marines...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I joined the Corps right after high school and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. Like many have said, I spent a lot of time not doing my actual job in the Corps. Yes, there will be some times where he hates life and others when he just loves it. If I had it to do over again, I'd have stayed in and made a career of it. The other branches may have more to offer career wise blah blah blah but the Marine Corps offers you a chance to be a Marine. Thats nothing something to be taken lightly.

My time in the Corps led me to the career I am in now and doubt I would be as successful in life if I had not gone. In my opinion, if he's already talking about the Marines seriously, don't lead him to other branches. He's drawn to the Corps for a reason.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Marines have their place and we need them, the are the first in and a lot bite the dust. No! Do not let your child in the military under Obama-and this advice comes from far smarter people than me. Huckabee? Regardless, entice your child to go into a candy outfit, the USAF, it's one of the best military branches that treat people like humans (no offense to any other branch) but when my brother was killed in Vietnam his personal belongings went to his Dad and he hadn't seen him since he was 3 years old! He also received 50% of his SGLI. The Army should have had him do a next-of-kin form and this wouldn't have happened. Just my two pfennigs worth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom