When can a CCWr use his weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In public. Only when I'm personally threatened? If I'm with my wife and she's threatened with bodily harm from an attacker? What if some guy walks into the mall with a rifle and opens fire?

It seems I remember that in OK, it's only in defense of yourself or an immediate family member. One is forbidden from using lethal force with a firearm in defense of a stranger.

Thanks.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not to be mean but you really need to STUDY the Oklahoma Self Defense Act.

Yes, but the language tends to be obscure. Laws are written that way in order to allow flexibility in interpretation.

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has
a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force,
including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily
harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

I'm just asking if the "another" specified in the law can be a stranger? Maybe in a scenario not unlike what took place in Texas?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nemesis, U.S. Law Shield is offering gun law seminars in the area. The classes cost $10 and they may be able to answer some of your questions.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SDA says, and im going by memory, that if the BG is in the commission of a forceable felony you can use lethal force.

Latest posts

Top Bottom