I need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so confused by this whole deal? Are you asking for other people to make a down payment on a house for you? I could see asking for some help with a deposit on a rental but 12k so you can buy a house seems a little outlandish. Good luck.

I don't think that's what homeless means.

Have to agree.

Asking for what your asking for is out of line, way out of line. Rent till you can afford one. Some good advice has been given in this thread.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be happy to help you and your family out in your time of need to help you get a roof over your heads, etc... meaning helping to get into a rental. But asking to come up with a deposit on a home, especially in the amount you are shooting for is a bit over the top. I'm not bagging on you, I'm saying that's kind of a lot to ask your online buddies to contribute, is all. Hell, that's almost 10% of the value of my home. Please don't take it personally, I just think it's a bit over the top. You need some cash to help with bills, with getting into more permanent housing, etc., sure, I'm all for that.

I just think shooting for 12k is a bit of a stretch.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen some good things come from these GoFundMe pages. I remember not long ago we pulled together to get a service dog for a veteran from here... But this page has me scratching my bald ass head.. 12,000 to buy a home with? I could somewhat see 1200.00 as help to get a rental going, but phuk, 12,000. I guess if you want to stick the head in, you might as well go balls deep. LOL

Good luck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your a veteran check with the local American Legion post.
I know the State legion handed out over 200K in assistance to state veterans in the Moore Tornado's.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are fine for now as the insurance is currently covering us, but we are going to have to find a place to live. My folks are (wisely) using the insurance money to pay off their mortgage and get out of debt, and they are just going to dump the house. I will definitely look into what assistance I can find, but I didn't want to wait around on that, so I thought I'd get started now.

David, like tRdoc I don't mean to be offensive but you do not truly understand the definition of homeless if the quoted post is true. You do realize that $12,000 is what a lot of people make in a year, right? There is a house down the street from us now that has a sign in front of it asking for $850 a month. It is nice, well-kept and a quiet neighborhood with good schools. What you are asking for would easily cover not only your rent but also your utilities in that house FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR.

I understand wanting to provide for your family. What I do not understand is expecting others to do it for you. Again, no offense, just my take but I think asking for help and taking advantage of a situation and asking for a handout are two different things. You are falling squarely in the second category in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom