I need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are fine for now as the insurance is currently covering us, but we are going to have to find a place to live. My folks are (wisely) using the insurance money to pay off their mortgage and get out of debt, and they are just going to dump the house. I will definitely look into what assistance I can find, but I didn't want to wait around on that, so I thought I'd get started now.

They have to pay off mortgage with the dwelling coverage, as the mortgage company is a named loss payee on the policy and in the terms of the mortgage. Are they upside down? Are they using contents coverage to pay any residual, or padding the ALE to take home some money from that as well?

I bought two houses in my life, and once I closed with a check under 1000 bucks, and the other time I brought under 5k. And the latter wasn't a super fancy house but was over 150k purchase price. You can get creative on how to get a house and close cheaply. Talk to a good realtor and good mortgage banker.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck man. Did you not save up any money while your family was living with your folks?

You will get through it. Get a second job delivering pizzas in the evening and get a place to rent. Sitting around playing video games and keeping the old lady knocked up is irresponsible if you can't afford it. Sorry to be blunt.

Why not ask the in-laws for help? Good luck and sorry for your folks loss.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has got to be a joke right? Or what do you all say a troll to get people stirred up? This cannot be serious.

Probably not a joke. Go look at the Go Fund Me sight. Worse than this are getting donations. Leave your morals outside, claim to be a Christian praying for help, make the cause and write-up sad as possible without telling an outright lie and watch the money roll in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom