Thunderbird Saugeye in the Rain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went to T-Bird today to see what was biting in the rain, and ended up coming home with these four beauties. Between 19-21". Caught probably five more on top of these, but they weren't legal. Also caught a few sandbass here and there, but only brought the one home. Between about 6-8pm on a black and chartreuse grub off one of the numerous boat ramps that are closed due to the high water. Water was very murky. I was wading up to my knees and was casting out about 40 feet, but they were hitting about 10-15 feet in front of me in probably 3-4 feet of water. It was a great afternoon.

Interesting footnote...in the second picture you can see a shad that one of them had started to regurgitate.

100_2978.jpg100_2981.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your gonna love eating those!

The lakes coming up present a great opportunity to fish the shallow waters for just about every specie.

When the water gets into the areas its not normally in, the worms and insects put the fish into a feeding pattern.
I'd say your discovered one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom