Construction/home guys... question on storm doors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the 32-inch Larson today, got it installed. Pretty much a piece of caek. It fit into our existing opening. The template for cutting the holes for the handle worked well, they included a 3/4" drill bit for the holes, etc. Was pretty good. We did it in about 2 hours, but we took our time and went slowly, read and re-read the directions to make certain we were doing it right. When we get the one for the front door, it'll prolly go alot faster since we know the process and are familiar with their kit.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. :D

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at the point in my retirement that I hire out what can be done at a reasonable price and save my own labor for the things I don't trust others to do or what I can't find someone willing to do.
Currently assembling a home gym that I should have paid to have done. Didn't think of it tho. When I worked for Otasco I made extra money assembling storage bldgs that I sold. Should have asked the kids at Academy if they wanted to make some $$$ putting this thing together.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had Lowes install three very expensive windows and they placed cedar on one window and I wanted it all to be cedar so I took off their cedar and behold! No insulation around the edges of the windows-I could see drywall. I let them know and never received an apology or we'll make it good or kiss my behind. I won't use Lowes again, there are other places in town.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had Lowes install three very expensive windows and they placed cedar on one window and I wanted it all to be cedar so I took off their cedar and behold! No insulation around the edges of the windows-I could see drywall. I let them know and never received an apology or we'll make it good or kiss my behind. I won't use Lowes again, there are other places in town.

My understanding was that Lowe's gives those jobs to local contractors... was it another company that did the work, simply scheduled/coordinated by Lowe's? If so, then name their name and let us know who did the shoddy freaking job. Also, if you file an official/formal complaint with Lowe's, it may help keep them from getting future contracts.

Just my $0.02. I agree, that's totally unacceptable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding was that Lowe's gives those jobs to local contractors... was it another company that did the work, simply scheduled/coordinated by Lowe's? If so, then name their name and let us know who did the shoddy freaking job. Also, if you file an official/formal complaint with Lowe's, it may help keep them from getting future contracts.

Just my $0.02. I agree, that's totally unacceptable.

The Lowes in Ponca uses a company from OKC to schedule local contractors for installation jobs.
I don't know the specifics about how all of that is arranged, but I have a crew coming next week to install new steel entry doors/frames and digital locks.
I'll be personally supervising the project to make sure they don't forget the insulation, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom