Army Delta Force, Killes ICIS Commander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Delta Force soldiers made a raid in Syria Killing an ICIS commander and capturing his wife.

The commander was in charge of the groups oil and financial operations.

It was a major firefight with hand to hand combat with the militants.

ICIS used civilians as human shields. Delta killed Abu Syyaf when he resisted, separated the women and children, and killed 11 other guards, took all the intel they could and left.

DOD statement:
Last night, at the direction of the Commander in Chief, I ordered US SOF to conduct an operation in al-Amr in Eastern Syria to capture an ICIS senior leader know as Abu Sayyaf and his wife Umm Sayyaf.

Abu Sayyaf ws involved in ISIS military operations and helped direct the terrorists organizations's illicit oil, gas, and financial operations as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Delta force confirmed on NBC, FOX news.
It was an important raid because capturing the wife may lead to Intel of ICIS captives, some Americans
She was involved in hiding them.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been saying that buying oil from Muslim countries gave them the financial resources to conduct their reign of terror for several years now. Now they can afford to develop nuclear weapons as well.

Drill, baby! Drill!

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That ought to smart!

Good for D Force! Can't have the SEALS doing everything....:patriot:

Yeppers...

...now-a-days, if there is word of a successful raid, there is a tendency for folks to credit the SEALS, even if it wasn't them. Delta Force has always been a lot more quiet about their raids. It seems that the normal routine is to report bad results when Delta is involved, but the good isn't mentioned.

Trust me, all the branches have good special operators, but as ex-Army, I hate to see the Navy get too much of the credit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom