Boise, Idaho, no you da ho!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My cousin and family moved up there about 10 years ago with a job transfer. Spent two years, quit his job and moved back.
Said the folks were not very friendly to those not born there. His kids couldn't connect with other kids in school, etc.

Interesting that you mention that............. I've seen several CL ads from there while browsing about, and many of them mentioned not wanting to sell to nonresidents...............????????????????

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lived there a couple of years in the 70's. It was nice if you got out of town in the mountains or desert. Couldn't tell you anything about it now. I did not fit in the school crowd. I was country and they were city. I didn't lose anything there to go back for.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good buddy of mine moved out there and I try to visit...he will do what he calls a trifecta...golf, fly fish, night ski all in one day.

And yes, Californians are moving out in droves because high cost of living, therefore, increasing the Boise cost of living. Which is ironic.

They can have pretty bad inversion if I remember correctly.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like Idaho. Boise is nice lots of fun outdoors things to see and do. Crater of the moons park snake river canyon (south of boise) and good winters (if you like cold and snow) excellent snowmobiling hiking camping hunting fishing and the best duck hunting I've ever experienced was in Idaho. I spent quite a bit of time in and around boise and other parts of the state in my younger years. Sun valley offers excellent snow skiing as well. Just like okie said some of the oddest folks I've encountered in my travels (outside of the entire se states) have been from Idaho. Lots of desolate places to truly be alone. Oregon right next door and I really love northern Nevada as well. I could retire and live a super happy life in that region somewhere (most likely the Ely valley of Nevada ) the jr simplot companies are a huge employer of the region mostly ag related companies ie. canneries frozen foods feed lots ranches etc. high population of Mormons as well which in my experience where all great folks.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in Boise for a while and thought it was a great city. It has nearby skiing, a trout river runs through the city proper ( I loved that), decent weather most of the year and lots of friendly folks ( yeah and some weirdos). I thought it was a nice combo of the urban without being too large and the rural. The biggest drawback is that it is far from everywhere else.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We haven't lived there, but we have family that live in Boise and in Mountain Home, which is about 50 miles from Boise. As mentioned, there is Craters of the Moon if you are interested in seeing lava fields and tunnels in the lava, the Cascade Mountains are north and east of Boise, and off of I-84 east of Boise and Mountain Home, there is Shoshone Falls. There is also a former Japanese Internment Camp called Minidoka Relocation Center that is in the process of being restored in the area. Somewhere west of Shoshone Falls is another area with a number of smaller falls called something like Salmon Falls and Thousand Springs.

Photos of Idaho

Latest posts

Top Bottom