IWI Tavor gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and pictures, R3DLINE.

Not on the shoulder, hellit feels lighter there. But dragging it thru a 5K run and gun it's not on the shoulder much. It gets damn heavy. I built a lighter weight AR and happier with weight, easy of controls, and accuracy.

I did love the Tavor tho, def will try the mini SBRd

Shouldered weight feels much lighter then an AR, but yeah lugging it around it's a bit piggish!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time carrying my Tavor. It always snags against my skirt, gets tangled on my purse, and is a ***** to carry in high heals. Other than that, the gun is perfect. :)

Standing at H&H I'm sure it is perfect for you. I had 2 5k R&Gs of dragging it around. Trigger got better after $350. Not worth the weight difference and the sight over bore sucks also. Having to shoot at 90degress what others shot straight on is a huge disadvantage. That and the lack of forearm for rest. AR is hands down a better weapon as Tavor was just shorter.

I'll take a look at the mini Tavor in 2 years.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Standing at H&H I'm sure it is perfect for you. I had 2 5k R&Gs of dragging it around. Trigger got better after $350. Not worth the weight difference and the sight over bore sucks also. Having to shoot at 90degress what others shot straight on is a huge disadvantage. That and the lack of forearm for rest. AR is hands down a better weapon as Tavor was just shorter.

Why would you want to run.....you have a gun? :) See that's the difference between a 35 year old and a 49 year old. At my age I aint runnin from nobody.

I love the Tavor. I'm selling a new Daniel Defense AR in the classifieds. If you still have your Tavor maybe we can get a trade going? I'd take another Tavor any day.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was considering the tavor as run-n-gun weapon, your review is the first ive read from that perspective. Thanks for your insight.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was considering the tavor as run-n-gun weapon, your review is the first ive read from that perspective. Thanks for your insight.

Glad I could add some perspective. Tavor is a really cool rifle. Piston powered and will run forever. Wish they would trim the aluminum frame and outer shell. Which the Mini looks to have done.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Don't rule it out. Don't know how old you are or what shape. But my 27 year old son in law can run miles with my Tavor, I asked him if it bothered him over the lighter weight AR's we own, he said naaaaaa. Said it was a tad heavier, but he likes the compactness of it, especially when he tosses it oh his back and sinches up the sling. His favorite is his lightweight 300 blackout. Soooooo, if your in shape and younger or? Don't rule it out. To some people 5 lbs difference means a lot to them, I can understand that. I sure as hell ain't running with mine, but as far as what I do with them, shooting, shooting drills down on the ground and such, I don't notice nothing, I am strong as a bull but got a belly, bad back, arthritis, worn out from top to bottom and am old though! LOL! I can sure understand guys running the run n guns may want the lightest there is and I am not saying anyone is sacrificing weight for durability or dependability, but I would train with what is the best I can afford, and not so much the lightest! And again, I am not saying some AR's out there are not just as dependable.

I recently went and played with Uncle Money Bags new rifle, it ain't no lightweight, but I don't think he was going for such, he was going for durability, dependability etc etc. And he has himself a niceeeeeee new rifle. I think I want one too.

And I agree on the Tavor could lose some weight, but hell, so could I! Haaaaaaaa!

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't rule it out. Don't know how old you are or what shape. But my 27 year old son in law can run miles with my Tavor, I asked him if it bothered him over the lighter weight AR's we own, he said naaaaaa. Said it was a tad heavier, but he likes the compactness of it, especially when he tosses it oh his back and sinches up the sling. His favorite is his lightweight 300 blackout. Soooooo, if your in shape and younger or? Don't rule it out. To some people 5 lbs difference means a lot to them, I can understand that. I sure as hell ain't running with mine, but as far as what I do with them, shooting, shooting drills down on the ground and such, I don't notice nothing, I am strong as a bull but got a belly, bad back, arthritis, worn out from top to bottom and am old though! LOL! I can sure understand guys running the run n guns may want the lightest there is and I am not saying anyone is sacrificing weight for durability or dependability, but I would train with what is the best I can afford, and not so much the lightest! And again, I am not saying some AR's out there are not just as dependable.

I recently went and played with Uncle Money Bags new rifle, it ain't no lightweight, but I don't think he was going for such, he was going for durability, dependability etc etc. And he has himself a niceeeeeee new rifle. I think I want one too.

And I agree on the Tavor could lose some weight, but hell, so could I! Haaaaaaaa!

Sounds like you need to stop building the cheapo AR's and built something quality. Mine are light and reliable, but not cheap.

The tavor is a great weapon, but it's not the best in all applications IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom