Glock 43 Sight Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all seriousness, why would you want to lighten it anyway? I am of the opinion that shooting the gun allows the parts to mate as they actually need to; not as I artificially make them. Enlighten me as to why polishing and feed ramping etc is a good thing - I'm torn here on leaving it stock or getting after it with a tube of Flitz and a dremel. It's not like I want a really light trigger in a gun I'm going to carry. Do I? I am worried about making it go bang before I'm really ready to make it do so.

Sent from my iPhone

Stop and think of what it would cost any gun MFG to polish and smooth out any machining marks on internal parts! It alone would drive the costs out the roof. The harder the pull on a trigger causes you to use more strength, longer pull and more apt to pull the weapon off target. Your not artificially making the components do anything outside their design. Just smoothing them up. There are some things that you can do to change some of the trigger components to make it faster. But you have to know what your doing, and I wouldn't do it to any pistol outside of the ones I own, and if I sell one, it will have the factory parts back in it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the key here is that part about "you have to know what you're doing" ... I'm a fair shot and can detail disassemble and clean a gun very well, but as far as messing around with "smoothing" metal components, well, not so much. I think such things as "trigger jobs" and "polishing feed ramps" and so on are somewhat over rated, at least when we're talking about carry guns, and may be best left to a gunsmith. If I gotta draw my gat in self defense and put rounds on target quickly, I honestly doubt a pound or two of trigger weight and any rough spots from the mfg process won't be noticed. But hey, I do like messing around with my guns too, so maybe I could be persuaded to take the dremel to my rough old pistols after all. Except that brings us back to that part about knowing what you're doing...I am just an end-user of the product, and don't have the know-what-to-do part of an expert, even like that gap-toothed Glock engineer dude we've seen on the videos.

Sent from my iPhone

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all seriousness, why would you want to lighten it anyway? I am of the opinion that shooting the gun allows the parts to mate as they actually need to; not as I artificially make them. Enlighten me as to why polishing and feed ramping etc is a good thing - I'm torn here on leaving it stock or getting after it with a tube of Flitz and a dremel. It's not like I want a really light trigger in a gun I'm going to carry. Do I? I am worried about making it go bang before I'm really ready to make it do so.

Sent from my iPhone

Have you felt a G43 trigger? The most appropriate word that comes to mind is HORRID!

But you are correct to an extent. Use will get it there eventually. Doing a proper honing/polishing job just does what about 5000 snaps does. I just bought a Shield and tried it side by side with a G43. The trigger on the Shield is light years ahead of the Glock. These were rental guns too so they had been shot. But my Shield still needs serious work, the Glock must have the NYC trigger in it. It's just a stupid level of suck. The Shield has a good reset out of the box, is a bunch lighter but still needs work there and has entirely too much trigger travel after the break.

Shoot 5000-10,000 rounds out of each and you might have a trigger that's almost usable. Any Glock I ever have will have some Ghost parts in it if I plan on shooting the damn thing.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you felt a G43 trigger? The most appropriate word that comes to mind is HORRID!

But you are correct to an extent. Use will get it there eventually. Doing a proper honing/polishing job just does what about 5000 snaps does. I just bought a Shield and tried it side by side with a G43. The trigger on the Shield is light years ahead of the Glock. These were rental guns too so they had been shot. But my Shield still needs serious work, the Glock must have the NYC trigger in it. It's just a stupid level of suck. The Shield has a good reset out of the box, is a bunch lighter but still needs work there and has entirely too much trigger travel after the break.

Shoot 5000-10,000 rounds out of each and you might have a trigger that's almost usable. Any Glock I ever have will have some Ghost parts in it if I plan on shooting the damn thing.

Wow, you must have had a bad G43. Maybe since it was a rental , it was all funky or something....anyway, I have a G43 and find the trigger a little harder than my Gen 4 G26, but not what I'd call horrible. I have only put 250 rounds through it and like the crap out of it. I just question the need and the "how ya do it right if you are gonna do it" for the G43, or any Glock for that matter.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you must have had a bad G43. Maybe since it was a rental , it was all funky or something....anyway, I have a G43 and find the trigger a little harder than my Gen 4 G26, but not what I'd call horrible. I have only put 250 rounds through it and like the crap out of it. I just question the need and the "how ya do it right if you are gonna do it" for the G43, or any Glock for that matter.

The trigger is heavier, but when shooting it's not something I have noticed with mine. I agree with you Joel, leave it alone. It's a carry gun, not trying for a butter smooth comp trigger. It's consistent and has a very positive reset.

The ONLY Glock I have ever seen have malfunction was a 26 that was all "polished" up. Remember that Joel?? Glad that wasn't my gun!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that guy we shot with that day who's pistol had been victimized by excess work? Like it was doing light strikes and stuff...I think you're spot-on, old chap. Kinda goes to show that if you do decide to polish and dremel, it's best to take it easy. I think I'm too skeered to mess with my Glock 43's trigger or firing mechanism much. Imma polish mine by shooting boolets through it; lotsa boolets.

Sent from my iPhone

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of ghost trigger did one of yall get? I was thinking of getting the edge. Also think I will get tfo's for the 43. I have glock night sights on my 19 but don't think they are bright enough. But they are much better than factory.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of ghost trigger did one of yall get? I was thinking of getting the edge. Also think I will get tfo's for the 43. I have glock night sights on my 19 but don't think they are bright enough. But they are much better than factory.

Been reading up on this some; don't you also need to change out the trigger spring to a 6 lb one as well as putting in a 3.5 connector to really get the "3.5 lb trigger?"

Sent from my iPhone

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been reading up on this some; don't you also need to change out the trigger spring to a 6 lb one as well as putting in a 3.5 connector to really get the "3.5 lb trigger?"

Sent from my iPhone
I put the ultimate connector in my 19 and it lowered the pull to under 4 pounds. I was told not to use the springs. I love my 19 trigger now. Smooth as butter. Never thought that would happen.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was told by my instructor to never change the trigger spring. You can install the connector of your choice and reduce striker spring but leave all the others alone. Any Glock I have ever worked on and did these mods ran fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom