Anyone interested in trapping some beavers...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called today, I dont know why I said I'd wait til Monday. I talked with NWCO for my area. He suggested shooting them too, but is going to come look at the situation on Tuesday...

I'm all for shooting them, but I am impatient with stuff like this, hence the reason I don't hunt...LoL...I guess it wouldn't hurt to sit over there for awhile and do some watching....

I would be surprised if someone doesn't take you up on an offer to come shoot your beaver. The pelts are valuable, everybody wants some tail. And I hear eating beaver is tasty.

I bet a most of the guys here will brag about bringing their 50 BMG, but when they show up, all they have is .22 shorts.

I just can't help myself.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They'll send out a scout at dusk.........usually a for sure kill. Conibear use can be done by the landowner with a written permit from a GW. Trapping them with foot holds is a little more tricky, and takes a fairly large trap. Beavers pelts went for less than $5 here in OK last year.......not much more up north. Keep the beaver tails, send them off and have a nice wallet made.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slow learner! It only took me two, thousands of dollars and a house to figure it out.

Back to the original Poster. What someone else said, the hides aren't worth much, and it is the wrong time of year for fur bearers. Beaver is also hard to skin, in my opinion. I cut the leg off of one and cooked it like a roast and it was actually pretty tasty. If the SHTF, I plan on using beaver for an alternative food source. Get your mind out of the gutter!

TE=kevin brown;2750027]No more for me !!!!!Im on my fourth one now. The last three took Houses and everything else!~!!![/QUOTE]

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Crane and waterfowl are the only thing you can shoot with shot larger than BB................so since you can use lead for crane, I guess you could use all the buckshot sizes. Never really thought about it that way though.....you may have inspired me Viking :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom