To everyone with wheat in the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Softball size hail 3 miles east of me just now...........that didn't help anything for sure. Quarter tough on the wheat and canola.........softball size is hard on skulls.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking hard at putting the wheat into play for play pasture.
The folks in the Dakota's and places north are looking for wheat pasture for their cattle.
Neighbor did that last year, and said it paid off better than the wheat crop. What wheat is left is used for seed wheat next season if your not into coveted seeds.

I saw dozens of cattle haulers with northern tags pull into wheat fields in the last couple of years in November. Gone in March.
Payment is by weight gain from what I gather.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The folks in the Dakota's and places north are looking for wheat pasture for their cattle.
Neighbor did that last year, and said it paid off better than the wheat crop. What wheat is left is used for seed wheat next season if your not into coveted seeds.

I saw dozens of cattle haulers with northern tags pull into wheat fields in the last couple of years in November. Gone in March.

There's usually several local guys looking for wheat pasture as well.................another discovery today........army worms.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Bunch of that goes on all around my area. But it's not Yankees. You can do a per head/time rate on pairs or gain rate on feeders. You keep watch on them mostly if they are not a local conditioning man.

If you decide to do it, i may be interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom