Utah questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking my heathen out to Utah in a couple of weeks to do some hiking. Posted a question about my truck a few days ago and got some responses about the areas we're going.
Thought I ask if anyone had suggestions on trails to do or stay away from.
Plan right now is to hit
grand staircase national monument and hike to calf creek falls and maybe peek a boo canyon if it ain't raining.
Then Bryce canyon and zion national park.
Really thinking about doing angels landing at zion, but I'm concerned it may be to much for a 10yr old. She loves to hike but we're not real exspeirenced either. I know we could make it to scouts landing, but it looks a little hairy from there on up?
We'll be up there for about a week, mix of camping and hotels. No real formal plans, hard to tell where some of these trails are in relation to each other till we get there so it's gonna be a seat of the pants vacation.
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Fog

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zion is one of our absolute favorite places to go. Your 10 yr old should be just fine on angel's landing, unless she's really scared of heights. There's a chain to hold on to anywhere that the trail gets too narrow and the view at the end is so worth it.

Zion and Bryce both have so many small hikes where you can do multiple in 1 day at a leisurely pace. I would plan out your trip as to which days you'll be in each place, which hikes are "must do" hikes and then plan the smaller ones around those. If you've never been to Zion before, check out this website and this website that break down the different trails in succinct way... I've been there numerous times and still never had a chance to do the subway or the narrows... :(

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_06_12_6bc8a5d96936f26b9bed7cc179ec68a2.jpg

Made it to the top of angels landing! Hell of a hike! Thanks again for the info amcardon!!

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for posting the picture, she looks like she's enjoying herself. Always great to see kids enjoying God's creations.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom