Where to get a baitcaster fishing reel serviced in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Abu Garcia ambassador 5000c bait-caster fishing reel that I plan on using on a fishing trip this summer. I don't think it's been used in at least three or four years. I hear that if you find a fishing store that services fishing reels, it only costs about 20 or $30 to get it taken apart, cleaned, and real lubricated. I assume that places fishing reels, it only costs about 20 or $30 to get it taken apart, cleaned, and real lubricated. I assume that places such as bass pro and Academy do not perform this type of service and that I need to find a independent local store. Anyone have any suggestions as to a place in the Tulsa area that might be able to clean/lubricate this fishing reel?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those reels are pretty straightforward. I've been using two of them for about five years now. You can find many online tutorials on taking it apart and cleaning it. It doesn't require much.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you just need cleaning and lube, DIY. If you need more such as drag discs or gears replaced, Abu Garcia will have you send it to an authorized service center (Iowa IIRC?). Bass Pro may do them as well, but the shipped my Shimano Curado off for service.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice so far. I might try to do it myself but I'm planning on taking this on a fishing trip to great bear lake in the Northwest Territories of Canada later this summer and so I really want to make sure that it's done correctly and doesn't fail me there. Last thing I want is to get a 50 pound lake trout on the line and have the reel screw up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom