How to control masquitos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put up signs that say "MOSQUITO FREE ZONE" I will let you know if they work as well as the gun/drug free signs I see as soon as I go outside. :)

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make pellets you ca. Buy to throw in pooling water to kill the Larva. That's a good start. Other than that a fogging yard spray will work depending on wind.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep grass short, put "Dunks" (Mosquito birth control biscuits) in ponds, drain standing puddles, Insecticide spray or granules for a 100yd radius from the house, Encourage mosquito eaters (Martins, swifts, bats) to live nearby. Then scratch the heck out of the bites when they come anyway.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got Martins years ago for mosquito control. Later I found out, they will eat them but the prefer more reward for the chase. Their favorite meal is the dragon fly. And a Dragon fly favorite meal is a mosquito...counter productive.
Best to just use something to keep them from biting. I dont like putting Deet on me so I use a drier sheet to rub down with...it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom