Holster Clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at a holster for my new Beretta.

My Watch Six for my Kimber has belt loops. I've played with a couple of very cheap holsters that used over the belt clips like a badge clip. I've seen the J clips and the C clips for a variety of holsters, too. I get that the J clips are more subtle from a concealment standpoint, but I'm paranoid about drawing the gun and having the holster come with it if the thing isn't clamped down on my belt.

What's been your experience with the different types of clips?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two holsters from SHTF that come with sturdy clips as well as optional belt loops. For this type of holster, I prefer the clips. I like the loops on an all leather rig, but prefer clips on a hybrid. No issue in it coming up with the gun as long as you have a proper belt on for the clip to grab onto. Using the clips makes the holster easier to put on and to adjust. I feel it is plenty secure.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J clips are no less secure than an over the belt clip, same thing keeps the holster from coming up with it, a lip or ridge that is grabbed by the bottom of the belt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom