Harbor Freight goes Gun Free

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the quality of their stuff:
weldingweb_com_attachment_php_f2c64e7609de6d162959671141045a2e._.jpg

Fallbackpuppet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The upside of harbor freight is you can get tools\equipment very inexpensively often for equal or less than it can be rented for. That being said I always look at the thing I buy from there as being sort of disposable. I got a $99 quarter inch drill press in 2004-05ish. It did the job I needed and worked great for the next 5-6 things I wanted to do. Then it unceremoniously died 2007-08ish. I have a corded drill I purchased at the same time for $15 I think and it still works like a champ. All of the stuff they carry is that way and for me I have to evaluate how much I am going to use something, cost verse renting, and how many times can I replace the item if it fails for the cost of a good one in the first place.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe HF is based out of California, this may explain their stance..I buy their stuff all the time and will continue to do so.. I also quit caring about the no gun signs in places of business.. if you get caught my understanding is they can only ask you to leave.. no criminal charges unless you refuse to leave then its a simple trespassing charge. A side note on California companys... I believe they are responsible/owners for a majority of the abandoned apartment complexes here in Oklahoma..thanks for the added criminal hidey holes..California!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom