Ruger Redhawk----45acp/45Colt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep.
And I would want a guarantee that the cylinder throats are all the same exact size and larger than what the barrel slugs at.
I also want a guarantee that when I slug the barrel the entire barrel is the same size ,, and not constricted where the barrel screws into the action.

Ruger has lost my faith after this Bisely Blackhawk I got a few months ago . and this is my first Ruger firearm and will be my last.
Absolutely no reason for clearances to be all over the place like they are.
I hope is someone gets one it works well for them.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rugers are built like tanks. I would send it to them and let them hash it out for you. I have had the 4" Redhawk in 45LC sitting in my safe for a year, and ashamed to say that it is still NIB unfired :crying:. But on the bright side, if I have to sell it, it's still NIB unfired. :rotflmao:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rugers are built like tanks. I would send it to them and let them hash it out for you. I have had the 4" Redhawk in 45LC sitting in my safe for a year, and ashamed to say that it is still NIB unfired :crying:. But on the bright side, if I have to sell it, it's still NIB unfired. :rotflmao:

I'm ashamed of you. Never thought I'd hear you say you have an unfired gun.:hey3:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger has a good warranty program, have you tried to get them to fix this or replace it? I wouldn't turn them away just over one firearm until you try and get her fixed.

100%, I called them and told them I lost a part that I was taking out of my 22/45 when I was disengaging the mag disconnect. Girl just laughed and asked for my address. Sent me the two little parts for free.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new .45ACP/.45Colt is a good looking one with the new round butt frame. I have a Kodiak Backpacker (TALO limited run) in .44 Mag with the same rounded grip frame. Again, good looking but, it's not the most comfortable with full power loads. I imagine now that the .45 is out someone will come along with decent aftermarket grips. I can shoot hot .44 Special loads all day long with the 'purty' round butt grips. A problem with the .45 version, for me, would be that Ruger came out with their own version of moonclips which are thinner than 625 clips. The cylinder won't close with the normal ones. Thinner usually means more easily deformed, as well. But the real problem is $14.95 plus shipping for three clips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom