Let's talk muffs ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man this thread is misleading, I'm a big fan of muffs. Earmuffs are alright too I guess.

I have some peltor "tactical" active muffs. They work pretty well, I have no complaints. Not a big fan of muffs for shooting long guns. I agree with Hoov and Dennis on this one.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I don't wear muffs while shooting long guns, because the comb pushes them off my trigger side ear anyway. Plus they are just sweaty and uncomfortable, leading to headaches from the pressure. I don't use them at all, even for pistols. I use these 3M Aearo plugs: http://www.amazon.com/Aearo-Push-In...F8&qid=1435612820&sr=8-6&keywords=E-a-r+plugs

They are quick to put in, quick to pull out, comfortable in the ear, and provide good protection.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Howard Leight Impact Sports. Bought them because they seemed widely used and liked. Plus you can't beat the price. I honestly have nothing to compare to.

I hate wearing muffs, I normally wear in ear molded plugs or some that I have with a behind the head strap thing. They are nice to have around when I shoot with the kids.

They are $40 on amazon right now.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Pro Ears 300 is good and not that expensive with a list of 30 NRR (I think thats a bit high). I use these as well as the cheap po wad up ear plugs you get at Walmart. The Noise Reduction Ratio on these are 32 and when it's hot outside, I perfer these to the Pro Ears as they tend to make your ears sweat a ton. You can get the Pro Ears for 100.00 or less and the plugs are, I think $5.00 for a set of 6.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a pair of Peltor slim muffs for about 8 or 9 years, and like them very much. No interference with cheek weld on stock, For my loud(er) rifles and handguns, extended shooting sessions and public ranges, I use plugs and muffs together.

Shiredude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't depend on how much you shoot and it what circumstances to decide how much to spend?
No one has mentioned the ESP's. They are extremely expensive but there is nothing that comes close to them.
Peltor slims would get my vote for muffs.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have custom plugs made by an audiologist. Insurance picked them up or else the price was $150. They fit perfectly and do not obstruct shooting rifles or shotguns. If you are inteested, they are made by westone, I believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom