Cops Being Kind ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the cop bashing going on .. thought it'd be nice to have a Cops being kind thread ...

Police officer distracts child whose family was in horrific accident where father died

s25.postimg.org_uzibtrj0t_v7_UZd_V8.jpg

Last edited:

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good idea. Sad thing is these things happen everyday but you never hear about them. With my dad being in law enforcement I see both good and bad but far more good than most people know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People are blind these days they dont see the good alot of people do they are only interested in the bad so they have something to complain about.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they dont see the good alot of people do they are only interested in the bad so they have something to complain about.

I think it's more like the statement:

One aw shucks erases ten atta-boys

You can't apply "averaging" to these situations,,,
I don't care how many times a cop does some really "nice" things,,,
The moment he oversteps or abuses his authority all of his atta-boys get erased.

Aarond

Last edited:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leesburg officers encountered a suicidal man with a gun and didn’t fire

leesburg061433875874.jpg

Police Officer Alex Hilton and Sgt. Mark Davis pose in front of the apartment where they disarmed a 78-year-old man wielding a gun in March 2014 in Leesburg, Va.

The man called 911 to report trouble breathing, although in fact his plan was to commit suicide with a pistol and have paramedics find him. But when the fire-and-rescue truck arrived at his Leesburg apartment, he was still alive, holding his gun. The paramedics backed away and called the police.

Sgt. Mark Davis and Officer Alex Hilton of the Leesburg, Va., police pulled up soon after and peeked through the open apartment door. There the 78-year-old man stood, holding a gun against his chest, saying nothing. He would not answer dispatchers’ phone calls.

Davis and Hilton stepped in with their guns drawn, and Davis repeatedly told the man to put his pistol down. The man did not comply. Instead, he darted into the next room, hid behind a wall and held his gun out in the doorway, daring the officers to make the next move.

But this story does not end as many others have recently. The officers did not shoot.

Rather than fire at the armed man, Davis slid his gun back into its holster. He walked over and gripped the man’s hand holding the pistol. And, slowly, he talked the man into lowering the weapon. Then, rather than arrest him, the police arranged for him to get psychiatric treatment.
Leesburg police Sgt. Mark Davis, center, demonstrates how, in March 2014, he grabbed the gun of a 78-year-old man in the apartment now rented by Ben Schoenberger, right. (Katherine Frey/The Washington Post)

Several months later, Hilton walked past the apartment, and the man, whom police declined to to identify, stepped outside. “Officer Hilton,” the man told him, “thank you for what you guys did.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...cb3a9a-1113-11e5-adec-e82f8395c032_story.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom