Cops Being Kind ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've debated whether I should even post this but ... well ... here goes ...

A few years ago GC and I were coming home from a late lunch ... ahhh, the joys of being married to a man who works the night shift ... Anyway, it was in August, and it was over 100F that day ... we turned the corner off Council and there at the end our block laid a guy. Curled up under the street sign, in the blazing sun. Seriously. GC could have left him there. He could have called OCPD and left it to them. After all, his normal routine was to take a nap before he goes in. 13 hour shifts suck. They suck worse when you are an old fart.

Instead of making a phone call and laying down, GC went in the house, put his uniform on, got in his patrol car and drove down to the end of the block. He gathered up the VERY drunk fella, who had pissed and vomited all over himself, put him in the patrol car and took him up to the mental health place. By the time he got back home he had just enough time to clean up his car, gather up his dinner to take to work and leave.

GC says it wasn't that big of a deal -- he was just doing what anyone would have done. That's another thing I love about the man ... even with all he's seen in the last 25 years, and all the crap people have said ... and done ... to him just because he wears that uniform ... he still thinks that people are worth saving ...

Btw, the guy came by the house a few days later. Said thank you and that he was sure GC had saved his life. Also said that he'd decided he needed to make some changes and that was, in no small part because he was well aware that GC could have taken him to jail but, that instead, he'd taken him to the hospital. I don't know what became of the guy but I do know that every single man and woman I've met over the years, whether they were with a city department, a county sheriff or in LE with the state in some capacity, has had the same moral compass my husband does. These men and women do NOT get into LE for money and/or fame ... or for a power trip. They do it because they think they can make a difference.

Unfortunately for them (the officers) and for the rest of us, too, that change is rarely ever noticed by anyone except those directly affected. But then, again, we all know how biased I am ...

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taxi drivers have the highest risks .. cops are next

imrs.php

imrs.php

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa Police: Officer On Warrant Patrol Saves Unattended Baby From Fire

A Tulsa police officer is hailed a hero for rescuing a baby from a burning home.

Officer Brandon Jarrett said when he got to a home there was smoke coming out of the attic vents. Inside, he could hear the fire alarm and an unattended baby crying.

Where you find one, you'll find the other.. Jarrett and K9 Officer Cado have a job to track down the bad guys.

“If someone's running or outstanding, that's when our dog's come into play,” Jarrett said.

That's what they were doing Saturday. The officers were called to a north Tulsa neighborhood to watch out for a stabbing suspect, instead bystanders found them.

“They flagged me down and said, 'hey officer, that roof is on fire,’” Jarrett said.

The house was just out of Jarrett's sight. He drove straight there, jumped out and left Cado inside the air conditioned patrol car.

“Ran up to the front door, I could already see the blinds were starting to melt,” Jarrett said.

He banged on the door, no answer, just a baby screaming on the other side. And because the door was locked, he kicked it in.

http://www.newson6.com/story/295582...arrant-patrol-saves-unattended-baby-from-fire

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our car broke down on the side of the road and this officer stopped to check on us. He waited with us for the tow truck to arrive, gave my kids little badge tattoos, and then sent this in the mail. http://imgur.com/34uTQxu

i.imgur.com_34uTQxu.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Police officer shares meal with homeless man: 'Nobody wants to eat alone'

TiAnna Greene was taking her daughter to summer camp one recent morning when she witnessed an act of kindness that took her breath away.

While stopped at a traffic light, she saw a Florida police officer sit down on a street curb next to a homeless man and hand him some food and a cup of coffee.

"What really caught my attention was the fact she then pulled out food for herself and started to eat with him. She just seemed very, very comfortable," Greene said. "I got my phone out and started snapping pictures because I was so overjoyed by the interaction."

Greene posted the photos on her Facebook page, wanting to share with friends the stranger's kind act, something "that seemed to come naturally for her," she said. The post went viral, particularly after the Ocala Police Department also shared the photos on social media. http://www.today.com/news/police-officer-shares-meal-homeless-man-nobody-wants-eat-alone-t34466

media1.s_nbcnews.com_j_newscms_2015_30_695971_police_officer_e205a557fd322f060d7a8c85ea866eb1e.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sheriff’s Officer Rescues Crying Child From Hot Van In New Jersey
July 31, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Police officer pays for homeless mother, daughter to stay in hotel, eat
August 31, 2015

a57.foxnews.com_global.fncstatic.com_static_managed_img_876_499df62a26b94caf6471cf8d23535268ae.jpg

Cpl. Che’ Atkinson helped a homeless woman and her daughter get a hotel room and food. (Prince George's County Police Department)

A hungry, homeless mother, who said she was a victim of domestic violence, took her one-year-old daughter to the lobby of a Maryland police department last week because she had nowhere else to go.

Cpl. Che’ Atkinson changed that.

Cpl. Che’ Atkinson paid for the homeless woman's hotel room out of his own pocket. (Prince George's County Police Department)

Atkinson rented the woman and her child a hotel room and brought them food and drinks, an act of kindness that was covertly documented by one of Atkinson's superiors and shared by thousands on Facebook. As of Monday afternoon, the Prince George's County Police Department's post had garnered more than 14,000 likes and nearly 3,500 shares since it was written on Aug. 28.

Atkinson first saw the homeless woman, who was not identified, on Wednesday morning, sitting in the lobby of the District I station in Hyattsville. She had been staying at a homeless shelter, but had to leave for an unidentified reason, according to WUSA9. Atkinson tried getting a distant relative to pick the pair up and take them in. The relative initially agreed but, on Thursday morning, Atkinson found the mother and daughter still stuck in the lobby. The relative wouldn’t be able to come for at least another day – and it had already been two days since the woman and her daughter had eaten.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/3...r-daughter-to-stay-in-hotel-eat/?intcmp=hpbt4

Latest posts

Top Bottom