Smith and Wesson revolver questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good stuff here for sure. I occasionally carry a 642 when I really need to hide a handgun IWB or in a pocket. I either wear it with a set of Barami Hip Grips on it or a set of pretty Rosewood slim Service Grips in a good IWB holster made by SideGuard Holsters, or carry it in a Mika Pocket Holster. She's loaded up with +P rounds for carry, but I shoot regular loads at the range, and must admit, not that many of them! The little Airweights are not that hard to master, but they will wear you out quick. The gun comes stock with a set of rubber boot grips, but put a set of Barami's, or slim service grips on it, and she hides like no other. Here's my Gat with the Barami grips and a Tyler T-Grip that I got from Jimmy. I think Jimmy had these on his Roscoe back when he was runnin' with Baby Face and the gang, and he was known as Pretty Boy Jimmy.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never known Jimmy to be known as Pretty Face. Or, Pretty anything. Joel, hold onto your T-grip, he is trying to get mine!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well some folks will will not agree with me, but when it comes to J-frames they should be steel, blued or stainless. I've seen way to many of the airweights, unobtainium, or whtat ever with cracked frames right under the forcing cone. Once you crack one S&W will not fix or replace, so you have an expensive paper weight. Unless you like lots of flash, recoil, and ear problems stick with .38 special loads, there are even good non-plus "P" loads. All steel isn't that heavy, and all the J-frames conceal very nice in appropriate holster's OWB, and IWB. I consider the J-frame as more of a back-up gun than a primary, and I've carried them both ways, and never felt out gunned. I do prefer to carry a K-frame revolver with a 3" to 4" barrel and round butt grip compared to a J-frame.

I have a three inch S&W model 10 that has the banana handle. Love it. I've also got a couple of snubbie model 19s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom