M1 Garand connoisseur input needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKjoe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you're asking for opinions...

Meh. It'd look purty on a total mixmaster or a Shufflin tanker, but it's not USGI. I'm a snob in that regard ;) For the current bid of $305, he could get a USGI birch stock set with nice figuring and cartouches. Like this one:

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_M1s_M1s_20misc_DSC_0196w_zpsa7f16a11.jpg

OKjoe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Perplexed. I hoped that you would chime in. Told him pretty much the same thing. Any suggestions on where he should be looking? Thanks

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he's a member of the CMP, their forum classifieds is the first place I'd look for a figured birch or striped walnut USGI stock set. That's where I've picked up a couple such sets, though the hand guards are hard to come by with birch figuring.

If he's not concerned about the stock set being USGI, he might look here: http://www.dgrguns.com/

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do, but that is just part of the fun. I enjoy fitting and finishing them. I'm with you on USGI stocks though. I'd much rather have a nic USGI stock, unless it's for a match rifle. Then I would want the tightest fit and one I wouldn't have to worry about doing some extra fitting.