Shooting at 100 yards! (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanted to go out to my range across the road and do some shootin yesterday, but its grown up a lot more than I thought. I gotta take my mower out there sometime and get it back under control. I just ended up shooting my bow in the yard instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Luckily I havent lost any arrows yet, but I was using some of my older ones just in case. Ive used the QAD HDX drop away rest on my last bow and this one. Pretty easy to install and works great.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I keep hearing people that use that rest and get great accuracy. I've been torn on switching from my whisker biscuit for 2 years now....It's accurate enough at 40-50 yards, but no tack driver.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea some people love the whisker biscuit. Ive just never been a fan of them. The one I did have for a short time messed up my fletches after a while. But like you said for 40-50 yards and for strictly hunting, it definitely works for that.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a hunting video last week, probably the first one in several years. I don't remember the name of the show, but anyhow, the "hunter" shot an elk at a measured 127 yds. with his compound bow, and made a perfect heart/lung shot! The elk ran 47 yards, stood on wobbly legs for about 10 seconds and then fell over grave yard dead...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice shot! Just missed it on the first try!

FWIW, if you want to see the drop-away rest in action, Destin shows it up close and in slo-mo in his episode of Smarter Every Day on the Archer's Paradox:
[video=youtube_share;O7zewtuUM_0]http://youtu.be/O7zewtuUM_0[/video]

Latest posts

Top Bottom