Strange things are afoot on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is it. Ms. Bristol took money to promote a "moral" position of abstinence, she, herself, didn't abstain. I don't read so much as anyone calling her out for the actual fact she isn't married and pregnant. That is pretty common nowadays and I think most people, except those with very strong religious convictions, accept that with very little to no "moral" judgment. People are reacting to the hypocrisy of someone being paid to advocate a moral position, yet doing the very thing they are telling others to do.

In all due respect, a lot of what is touted as "anti-Christian" is simply people pointing out the hypocrisy and disconnect between what some people do and what they say. If you are going to preach it, you gotta live it.

It's amazing how many people don't see it that way. They happen to like what someone allegedly stands for, then get all butthurt when someone points out that they don't practice what they preach.

Simply put, you can't please some people. :(

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this is it. Ms. Bristol took money to promote a "moral" position of abstinence, she, herself, didn't abstain. I don't read so much as anyone calling her out for the actual fact she isn't married and pregnant. That is pretty common nowadays and I think most people, except those with very strong religious convictions, accept that with very little to no "moral" judgment. People are reacting to the hypocrisy of someone being paid to advocate a moral position, yet doing the very thing they are telling others to do.

In all due respect, a lot of what is touted as "anti-Christian" is simply people pointing out the hypocrisy and disconnect between what some people do and what they say. If you are going to preach it, you gotta live it.
Begrudgingly I gotta agree with that. I sure hope that humble pie is a flavor I like.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a lot more ******** said about a lot better people than bristol Palin on this site and no one cared. You put yourself in the public spotlight, be prepared to deal with the consequences.

And if this is what you're going to make a stand about....a grown ass celebrity woman being the topic of discussion on a gun forum thousands of miles away ....your priorities are messed up! Take the butthurt some where else.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty lost, to say the least.

But my .02 since it seems what everyone is putting in, is that there may be a lot of bs and butthurt, but a lot of that stays in the general discussion. That's where it's supposed to be. I'll spend a week or two in the general discussion battleground/poo flinging contest, and then I ignore it for a few weeks, take my interest elsewhere. The site is still a wealth of information and insight, reguardless of how biased it may be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom