Strange things are afoot on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farmer17 View Post
I know I'm in the minority but count me in the group who likes polite, respectful, and clean discussions and conversation. Maybe a sub forum for that and leave general discussions the way it is.

Like Books says, they are working on it. And you are not in the minority. Lots of religious gun owners are on this board. Please hang tuff. From what I've heard, it'll be a nice hangout with good discussions. Might even convert a few heathens ;).

What does religion have to do with it? Some people like polite discussion because it's a chance to learn and have a pleasant conversation rather than hurling puerile insults. Has anybody ever heard somebody who swears every third word and said "gee, I'd really like to hear more of his opinion; he sounds tremendously insightful!"

Yeah, I didn't think so.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does religion have to do with it? Some people like polite discussion because it's a chance to learn and have a pleasant conversation rather than hurling puerile insults. Has anybody ever heard somebody who swears every third word and said "gee, I'd really like to hear more of his opinion; he sounds tremendously insightful!"

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Good point.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The part of the story that seems to always get left out is;

1. She was promoting abstinence to TEENS, as she WAS a teen Mom, who is now 24!
2. She was ENGAGED and true, she started the honeymoon a bit early and took it serious.
3. After the honeymoon, they decided marriage was not right and called it off.

I see it as lame stream media making an opportunity to attack a 2a supporting, ring winger, Christian.

She made a mistake, but the marriage would be a mistake.
I really don't have an issue with her.

As to the 'gun forum'

Don't go to 'General Discussion'. Problem solved

has she confirmed he is the father yet? Honest question as i haven't seen anything to that end.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
has she confirmed he is the father yet? Honest question as i haven't seen anything to that end.

Me, neither ... maybe that's why the marriage fell through ... maybe it's not the obvious guy. I gotta say I have a LOT of respect for the guy -- he could have lashed out at her and told everybody and their dog why the wedding was called off and he's maintaining radio ... if more folks were like him we'd have a lot less drama in the world ...

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Monday on Maury

I have only seen one interview with her, when it first came out. Its just not that big of a story to me.

To much happening that is NOT being reported.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Monday on Maury

I have only seen one interview with her, when it first came out. Its just not that big of a story to me.

ah, thanks. I hadn't seen that yet.

And i agree with you that we have real problems in this world (and this ain't one of them).

But as JB pointed out to those who wonder why we even had the thread, if you take money to tell others why abstinence is the 'right' way to live, you better be sure to practice it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Monday on Maury

Hmmmm I'd rather take a beating than watch Maury ... lol (no worries GC LOVES the train wreck that is Maury and Steve and COPS ... I can't do nuffin wit dat man ... :P)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a paid or unpaid CELEBRITY spokesperson is not an influence on me.

Where she MAY have had SOME influence on A teen girl somewhere, I doubt she really made any difference.

This just basically gets her a pink slip. The media builds them up and then media brings them down.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reasons why I don't have facebook. :shocked:

I used to have facebook until I saw all the pictures/avatars with sodomite flag overlays on them. I had to unfriend so many people that I gave up and deactivated my facebook account. It felt like crawling out of a sewer and taking a hot shower.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have facebook until I saw all the pictures/avatars with sodomite flag overlays on them. I had to unfriend so many people that I gave up and deactivated my facebook account. It felt like crawling out of a sewer and taking a hot shower.

I heard this quote once "I think that we can't go around... measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think... we've got to measure goodness by what we *embrace*, what we create... and who we include"

I think this is what JB is up to. He is trying to find a way for the ruffians and the delicate flowers to share a common space, a space where we can talk about something we all love (guns and shooting) and maybe even talk about some of our other obsessions, money pits, and ideas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom