Black churches burning in the south.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just listened to a report of a church in South Carolina, they played up the arson angle and at the very end they reported that storms were rolling through the area and a witness heard a loud boom indicative of a lightening strike. YMMV

I hope that one was lightning.
Could be that people are aware that same church was burned to the ground in 1995 by a couple of klan members who later confessed.

There's a lot of unstable people out there though.
Remember the string of church burnings in east TX in 2010 that turned out to be committed by a couple of satanists on drugs?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_East_Texas_church_burnings

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've been through this before. Back in the 90's I think.

If I recall, an honest look at the numbers shows far more "white" churches being burned than "black" and few where deemed racially motivated.

Labeling churches by race is pretty retarded anyway...

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I swear i read a church had an electric caused fire about a week ago.

But dont let the fire dept and Police reports stop the media from keeping the agenda rolling.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AP now says Federal sources report the latest incident (came up yesterday) is most likely not arson. I don't want to minimize the potential issue but one has to be very cautious here because the media is spring loaded to assume linkages, report as such, and only after the fact report retractions. About 10-15 years ago there was a similar story about racism motivated church building burnings that didn't stand up under close scrutiny. Yet, people were calling for law changes and policy initiatives based upon what turned out to a series of false reports, self inflicted damage, sabotage by aggrieved (not race related) persons, and one or two actual politically motivated arsons. But people are quick to see the pattern that fits their prejudice.

BTW -if (IF) these are arson and are related to the Confederate flag issue wouldn't it be just as reasonable to say they are being motivated by perceived political oppression not necessarily by racism (unless they preceded the flag issue)?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW -if (IF) these are arson and are related to the Confederate flag issue wouldn't it be just as reasonable to say they are being motivated by perceived political oppression not necessarily by racism (unless they preceded the flag issue)?
What political oppression would that be exactly that motivated the arsonist?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AP now says Federal sources report the latest incident (came up yesterday) is most likely not arson. I don't want to minimize the potential issue but one has to be very cautious here because the media is spring loaded to assume linkages, report as such, and only after the fact report retractions. About 10-15 years ago there was a similar story about racism motivated church building burnings that didn't stand up under close scrutiny. Yet, people were calling for law changes and policy initiatives based upon what turned out to a series of false reports, self inflicted damage, sabotage by aggrieved (not race related) persons, and one or two actual politically motivated arsons. But people are quick to see the pattern that fits their prejudice.

More then likely they are pushing it as a racial issue so that DOHbama can "postpone" the elections next year. Can not hold elections during a race war now can we? :P

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is organized (or unorganized) arson, I hope the law falls on this person (or persons) like a ton of bricks. Burning churches is horrible.

But, let's not just assume that this is the work of white racists. There are lots of activists out there spinning the news like crazy. Remarkably, there are people being paid to whip up riots in cities like Ferguson and Baltimore. Anymore, we can't just assume that reported news and "obvious" motives are what's really going on.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So they started with 6. One turned out to be a "white" church. Takes us down to 5.

One was ruled accidental and another was caused by a tree limb/electrical line.

That leaves three due to arson...none of which have yet been linked to racial motivation (churches get robbed and vandalized by common criminals everyday).

Three. Hardly an epidemic. How many "white" churches burned due to arson across the country in the same time period I wonder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom