Black churches burning in the south.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they started with 6. One turned out to be a "white" church. Takes us down to 5.

One was ruled accidental and another was caused by a tree limb/electrical line.

That leaves three due to arson...none of which have yet been linked to racial motivation (churches get robbed and vandalized by common criminals everyday).

Three. Hardly an epidemic. How many "white" churches burned due to arson across the country in the same time period I wonder.
Says here 8 churches in 10 days,
3 confirmed arsons.

http://time.com/3942688/black-church-burning-mount-zion-ame-south-carolina/

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still only 3 confirmed arson, out of tens of thousands of "black" churches, in 10 days.

How many white churches across the country burned in 10 days?

How many of those arson cases where racially motivated as opposed to common criminal activity?

The reporting is beyond shameful, it's criminal.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still only 3 confirmed arson, out of tens of thousands of "black" churches, in 10 days.

How many white churches across the country burned in 10 days?

How many of those arson cases where racially motivated as opposed to common criminal activity?

The reporting is beyond shameful, it's criminal.
I don't know, do you?
I also don't know the ratio of how many black churches there are compared to mostly white churches.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, do you?
I also don't know the ratio of how many black churches there are compared to mostly white churches.

Exactly.

Which is why the reporting of an "epidemic of black church arson" is outrageous, inflammatory and speaks to an agenda.

None of which should surprise any of us when it comes to our "media".

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, a lot of the same folks gettin' fired up over black churches being burned, are the same ones that get their panties in a knot over Christians opposing gay marriage. I'm blaming the homosexual community.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly.

Which is why the reporting of an "epidemic of black church arson" is outrageous, inflammatory and speaks to an agenda.

None of which should surprise any of us when it comes to our "media".
It seems like that ratio variable would be important.

If there were 3 arsons in 10 days at white churches that wouldn't surprise me.
If thre were 3 arsons in 10 days at black churches that would be a much more significant number since the number of black churches is much smaller than the number of white churches.
If there were 3 arsons at Sikh temples in 10 days I would say someone had a grudge against Sikhs.

What I have seen of the reporting in the media is reporting that black leaders are concerned about the fires, which is probably true.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What political oppression would that be exactly that motivated the arsonist?

The "perceived" political oppression might be the supressing of the Confederate flag's use, sales, the attempt to suddenly eliminate civil-war memorial statues, rename facilities, etc. Remember, you or I don't have to agree it is sufficient provocation only the offender does for it to be a motivation, which if different from it being an excuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom