Cimarron county Antelope hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ryan85 let me first say welcome to okshooters it is a great place with a bunch a great guys.This may sound bad to some but I just don't understand why somebody would apply for a tag and don't have permission to hunt anywhere. What if they don't find a place? It is a tag wasted that somebody could of had a chance to draw that does have permission. That being said I hope you find a place and wish your wife success.

Ok, seeing how OSA and OKF are now combined I guess I'll post here....

First, there is a lot of public land out there he could easily kill an antelope on. Next, most land owners out there will give you permission to hunt, some charge some will take gifts etc. The GW will give you a list of people to contact if you ask him.
Firewood was mentioned.....
That might work but I've seen that the people out west also love Pecans!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most in the panhandle hate antelope. If you are the least bit friendly, you won't have any problem finding permission. A rifle hunt will be an absolute piece of cake. Get a rangefinder that works, practice shooting at various ranges, try to extend your range as far as possible during practice. Practice off a bipod, and practice offhand. Some places out there, you can see 10 miles.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, there is a lot of public land out there he could easily kill an antelope on. Next, most land owners out there will give you permission to hunt, some charge some will take gifts etc.

Most in the panhandle hate antelope. If you are the least bit friendly, you won't have any problem finding permission.

This. I didn't have permission when I drew in. There was always public land. As soon as I knew I drew in, I started looking for private land to hunt on, and didn't really have much trouble. It's true ... most farmers out there do hate the antelope, and would like to see them all gone!

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ryan85 let me first say welcome to okshooters it is a great place with a bunch a great guys.This may sound bad to some but I just don't understand why somebody would apply for a tag and don't have permission to hunt anywhere. What if they don't find a place? It is a tag wasted that somebody could of had a chance to draw that does have permission. That being said I hope you find a place and wish your wife success.

Because there is plenty of public land there to hunt. Not sure why someone would go get permission from a land owner when they don't have a tag from the state.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't have much luck finding anyone when I drew that hunt. I called the game warden there and left a message but never got a call back. I called the diner asking if they had a bulletin board and if she would leave my contact info up for anyone to see. I called landowners left a message and never heard back from any of them. So finally I decided I was going to hunt public land. I know I am going to get hated on for saying this but after I did all that I still didnt get to go there for my hunt. The guy I was working for was a horrible boss. I started losing hours and his checks were not clearing the bank. Finally I had to look for another job or I wouldn't be able to keep the lights on. I found one and the day I was supposed to start my hunt was the day I was supposed to start my new job. So unfortunately I had to do the grown up thing and pass on my hunt but good luck to you. I hope you get one

ryan85

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to a guy yesterday that gave us permission and he said he would email me maps of his land. Really nice guy. I would still like to find a couple more places in case one doesn't pan out. I would like to maybe buy a landowner permit for a buck so I could do a little hunting myself.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I killed mine on public land, I guess it was 3 years ago. I saw plenty more killed on public up there. I cannot recall anyone that wanted to find private land to hunt not ever being able to find some.

There are usually some craigslist listings for landowner tags when it gets closer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom