Famous Ex-CNN Anchor Takes Out Armed Robber With Several Well-Placed Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How ironic, from one of the many MSM lib Kool-Aid dispensing indoctrinators comes this "TEACHABLE MOMENT". However I am not holding my breath as this "TEACHABLE MOMENT" will be lost and go over the heads of the great majority of lib dems(with the exception of CNN's Chuck de Caro and his wife Lynne Russell) and their anti gun agendas. Way to go Chuck and Lynne!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/01/former-cnn-anchor-says-her-husband-is-her-hero-after-he-takes-out-armed-robber-with-several-well-placed-bullets/
Famous Ex-CNN Anchor Says Her Husband Is Her ‘Hero’ After He Takes Out Armed Robber With Several Well-Placed Bullets
Jul. 1, 2015 9:15pm Jason Howerton

..."Russell and de Caro - both described as expert shots - were legally carrying concealed handguns, she said. She said she offered to search her purse for something of value to hand over to the gunman - and slipped her gun into the purse, which she then handed to her husband."...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a piece about this on the Today show. I thought it strange that a couple with this much fame and (and money) would be staying at a Motel 6 instead of a luxury hotel.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a piece about this on the Today show. I thought it strange that a couple with this much fame and (and money) would be staying at a Motel 6 instead of a luxury hotel.

Call me suspicious but I thought the exact same thing.

Ditto----The same thing immediately jumped into my mind as well. When I later talked to a friend about the incident, he also had the same feelings about the Motel 6 locale.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Call me suspicious but I thought the exact same thing.

As a person who is on the road a lot and has racked up a lot of "reward" points at two different hotel chains, I found that kind of odd too. Now, if they were on the road and didn't plan well and no better place available ... maybe. But it seems rather odd choice of lodging if one has the means to stay elsewhere.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way back when I was still in grade/high school, my parents and I always stayed at Motel 6's when we went on a vacation. Getting a room for $18/19 dollars a night was about the only way we could afford to take the vaction. It was also our practice to pre-book a Motel 6 room down the road so that we would have a room ready when we got to our next destination. We also started each morning at Mickey D's for a Big Breakfast(about $2.50) and usually had KFC once a day because of the prices. At least we knew the price, quality and quanity would be consistent when we ate at those places.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounded like an unplanned stop...too tired to keep moving, pull over at first national chain for a few hours rest kinda thing.

People with money often have money because they don't blow it on frivolous things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom