Headline: I own guns and I hate the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opt out of the mailings. I get nothing from them but a renewal statement.

Sure, that solves my individual issue. But that still means that they're doing it a million times over for their entire membership. Is that a good use of donations that were probably intended to support the fight in Washington? They probably think so, but I don't. But, I fully admit that this is just one person's opinion and I may very well be wrong.

rightside

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
your cause, maybe, not mine.

It is all our cause. 4 million strong an growing sends a very powerful message. They have helped keep our rights(yours too, even if you don't acknowledge it) . Perfect? hell no, but there is strength in numbers. Which part of divide and conquer do you not understand? The Dems love your mindset.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like to think that I follow the masses, unless we are on the right track IMO, but IMO the NRA is in the best position to protect our gun rights because they do collect so much money and have such a large membership. I get emails all the time from GOA so decided to check them out just now. Wikipedia states that they have 300,000 members, and are more mainstream than the NRA it seems. Per Wikipedia "The GOA has been described by Congressman Ron Paul as "The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington." This quote from Paul has long been displayed prominently on the home page of the Gun Owners of America website, and Paul was the only 2008 Presidential candidate to receive an A+ grade from Gun Owners of America." I know that GOA and the JFPO both think the NRA is too liberal with our gun rights. I say to join whatever group you align with assuming it's pro-gun, and give them the best support that you can. We don't all agree with everything that our groups do, but giving them the support that we can will advance our cause no matter what direction it comes from. I remember when our revered leader Chuck Heston was driving to get 2.5 million members! He would be impressed with us today. I may be wrong on the timing of that but I believe it was under his leadership.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some of the same issues with the NRA. My biggest obstacle is La Pierre. He's a huge douche, and for whatever reason, seems to think our 2A rights trump all others. After he's gone, I might start carrying that life member card again, depending who they elect.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is all our cause. 4 million strong an growing sends a very powerful message. They have helped keep our rights(yours too, even if you don't acknowledge it) . Perfect? hell no, but there is strength in numbers. Which part of divide and conquer do you not understand? The Dems love your mindset.

heh, which part of unalienable do you not understand? they are not a gun rights group. thanks to the NRA, we have the GCA, NFA, and FOPA. we'd be better off without the organization that was founded to train American soldiers to shoot Americans with more accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom