Friggin 10/22 pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time cleaning My 10/22. Watched the Ruger videos; no problem. Why did Ruger design this gun with pins that come out so easily. The rear bolt pin just falls out, The two trigger group pins aren't too bad. What pissed me off was the tiny mag release pin just fell out and is a ***** to put back in. Then I get the gun completely put back together and see the rear bolt pin laying on the towel. I guess it just slid out when I was putting the trigger group back in. Oh well.....at least I have experience in doing it now. No worries!

Coz

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The easiest way to work on a 10-22 is with it upside down, laying in a gun vice. Pins don't fall when you're not turning it on its side. Shooting bags will work too.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pins holding my trigger group in place were also too loose ,I found 2 screws close to the correct diameter chucked it in a drill and turned it down until it was a nice tight fit . I cut off the threads and counter sunk the reciever on one side to match one of the screws. The other screw I cut the head off ,ending up with a nice tight fit.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only one that really pissed me off was the tiny mag release pin. It didnt even need to come out but it did; twice. And it's a ***** to realign. I'm thinking a smidgen of electrical tape next time.

Coz

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only one that really pissed me off was the tiny mag release pin. It didnt even need to come out but it did; twice. And it's a ***** to realign. I'm thinking a smidgen of electrical tape next time.

Coz

You could use a big wad of duct tape on it. Walmart even has it in camo!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were realy bugging you, you could order some aluminum strips and wrap the pins. It's like aluminum foil, but thicker and maliable. That's how I take up play in the old double guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom