Show is wired up and ready to go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on down to marlow, free concert by The Chance Anderdon Band and fireworks show.
image.jpg

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I ask a bunch of questions about setting up fireworks, were you involved in the planning and setup of the show? If so, more questions to follow...lol

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes on both questions, Have been involved in it for 25 years. We started out years ago hand firing, have gone to electronic in the last six years or so. Have learned a lot in that time, only down side is not getting to spend it with family. I am retiring from fire dept next year so this was my last shoot, have had a blast but it is time to pass the torch and enjoy it from the other view.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes on both questions, Have been involved in it for 25 years. We started out years ago hand firing, have gone to electronic in the last six years or so. Have learned a lot in that time, only down side is not getting to spend it with family. I am retiring from fire dept next year so this was my last shoot, have had a blast but it is time to pass the torch and enjoy it from the other view.

alright, so I'm guessing you have some type of pyrotechnics license....?

How long did that amount of shells make the show last?

What was the ballpark cost for the materials?

Do you re-use the tubes year after year?

I've really thought about getting a license to be able to purchase the better stuff so we can put on a good show for our friends and family....I've even got some books on manufacturing.....

I'm just afraid a small 20 minute show would run over $10k easily...

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you have to have a license now, used to shoot under fire dept but that has changed. The one pictured with some that were not in picture produces about a 20 minute show. Cost was ballpark $6000 for shells only, your electronics will cost are $350 per module, we have 9 and add a little every year. Tubes can be used several times, just inspect them before use. There are shooter schools in Oklahoma you can attend and get in with someone so you can get shoots under your belt to then get license, I think it 3. On time of shoot it all depends how many shells you want in the air at a time and how fast you fire. We had around 5 shells in air during show, our time was actually 17 mins because of a few that did not fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom