Ruger Precision Rifle in 308, 243, or 6.5 Creed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
time will tell. If they shoot, they'll be hard to keep on the shelf. But Savage owns this market. I don't see that changing.

Savage doesn't have a dog of this breed in the fight yet. I agree time will tell as to the quality control of their barrel manufacturing with regards to accuracy and how well their bolt holds up in extreme conditions. Kudo's to Ruger for creating a working mans rifle and consulting with those in the PSR circuit in its design. Maybe Remington and others will now step up and do something right for a change.

Shiredude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will tastefully disagree. Savage doesn't have anything in the fight yet? How so? The market I'm referring to is: Off the shelf, under $1500, short action, efficient BC caliber, good trigger, throw some high end glass and shoot to a grand accurately.
Look around and see how many 6.5 Creed's and have been sold in the last couple years. Who makes them? You guessed it, Savage. A model 10 or 12 will out shoot anything other than your custom jobs and possibly a Cooper, as they are an off the shelf rifle as well.
The aftermarket drop ins alone is another story, but part of the equation too. How many stocks or DBM's for a ruger can one get without a special order? One again, Savage is there. Have been for awhile.
Go to any number of 'tactical' or precision rifle type events and look what is being used. Most are custom jobs. But the boys that aren't on that level yet and want an out of the box shooter, have them a savage. There aren't any Rugers, Howa's, Kimbers. Tikka's, etc.
Savage owns the market to this point.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of the box, the Sako/Tikka line will out shoot anything. But clearly, they don't own the market. That still goes to Savage right now. When Ruger introduced their precision rifle, I thought how much are you going to have to cut off the barrel to make it shoot. After reading that they are doing the pentagonal thing, I have much higher hopes. We have two coming and I will give them a chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom