SS Disability Fund Almost Broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest question:

Why do children with working parents get SS disability?

A guy I work with has 3 children and all of them are profoundly autistic and drawing disability every month for life.
I might could see it when the child turns 18 maybe but a 1 year old?
I asked him "why, with your first 2 children being autistic, did you and your wife choose to have a 3rd child"?
"My wife and I keep hoping the next one will be a normal child" he replied.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when you tally the foreign aid funds you need to include the money for a large number of military bases....they make the local economy work and are just another form of foreign aid...not all but a sizable number...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when you tally the foreign aid funds you need to include the money for a large number of military bases....they make the local economy work and are just another form of foreign aid...not all but a sizable number...

Looking for other ways to fund the problem, doesn't negate the problem.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole entitlement system is et up to keep people in financial bondage. I have wanted to give file clerks raises and they have asked me not to because they would lose their benefits. There should be a tiered system that helps people on welfare better themselves.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole entitlement system is et up to keep people in financial bondage. I have wanted to give file clerks raises and they have asked me not to because they would lose their benefits. There should be a tiered system that helps people on welfare better themselves.

Agreed.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honest question:

Why do children with working parents get SS disability?

A guy I work with has 3 children and all of them are profoundly autistic and drawing disability every month for life.
I might could see it when the child turns 18 maybe but a 1 year old?
My brother is drawing SSI. Without getting too much into it, he is legitimately disabled and unemployable, but he had to go through several employment training programs to prove it. His SSI is taken out of my dad's Social Security "account," and Dad's SS payments are lower because of it.

BTW, I know someone who is classified as 100% disabled despite being in better physical condition than the vast majority of Americans. It has been a few years, but he was into kickboxing the last time I talked to him. Of course, the load of shrapnel that he still carries in his legs from stepping on a land mine in Vietnam has something to do with his disability status. And I'm pretty sure he'd like to take the fakers and make them deserve their disability status, too.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He who steals my purse steals trash, but he who steals my good name makes me poor indeed.

With mostly good intentions we have ruined many people by taking away their dignity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom