Graduating to a Drop Away Style Rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my rest setup and my point of impact has changed drastically. I was able to get my 20 yard pin pretty close to dead on and shot a few at 40 for fun before the heat made it unbearable. My draw is much quieter, as is my shot. I have noticed my potential for "fliers" has decreased in distance they travel from point of aim.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put a Ripcord ACE on my Obsession Phoenix and like it so far. The QAD is a fine rest also. Make sure you get the timing correct and you'll really like it.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you get the timing correct and you'll really like it.

I was a little worried about getting it setup as I'd heard the stories about timing being off. It wasn't bad at all though. Just left the cable attach device loose, went to full draw, let the bow down, and took out some of the slack then tightened. Made 1 adjustment and it seems good to go.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I backed up to 50 yards for the first time today with the new rest. I had to raise my 50 yard pin as my POI was 4 inches higher than before, with only changing the rest. Says something for the drag created by the Whisker Biscuit.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going from the whisker biscuit to the drop away was a great move for me as well. I also noticed the same POI change you are seeing. I don't remember how much of a change exactly but do know that it was inches at 40 yards.

Heck of a difference, huh? Crazy to think that the rest alone is slowing the arrow down enough to drop it 3+ inches at that distance. I wonder what the FPS difference is now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom