Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm not an economist, a left-leaning scholar or anything else but a retiree who can testify ad infinitum on the relative value of money. I retired 17 years ago with a reasonably comfortable little pension and social security. Most of the pension has been wiped out by inflation (anyone who believes gov. and their inflation mumbo-jumbo is a fool), increased medical costs and medical insurance premium increases, homeowners and auto insurance increases, property tax increases, etc.

My sympathy for the minimum wage proponents is that they have no clue just how inadequate that salary is. I fear that every one of those folks who gets a minimum wage increase will become more comfortable at that level, perhaps forever postponing the leap they must make to get above the subsistence level in the future. Increased minimum wage is a trap!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how many of the people arguing against a minimum wage increase because they expect people to get better paying jobs are contributing to the lack of good paying jobs by shopping at Wal-Mart and other big box stores. Here's the deal folks, we can either pay more for the goods we purchase or pay more in taxes, one way or the other, we're going to have to pay up so that the underemployed can survive.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to get it straight, I'm not arguing against or for a minimum wage increase. I just caution that the consequences of an increase can be just as disastrous as the consequences of no increase. Artificiality in the economy has never seemed to work out all that well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom