Know What The $%^% is Down Range!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were eating dinner when we heard gun shots. I heard stuff hitting the house and ran outside. I swung the door open and there was brick dust in the air. Several more shots were fired as I ducked back inside. I moved my family out of the dining room and to the front of the house, away from the shots. As I was preparing to call 911, more shots rang out. I could tell it was a rifle from the report. I again went outside, ducking down behind a pillar and started yelling at the idiot to quit %#$%#$% shooting while seeing hay popping off the hay bales I use as a archery backstop and bark flying off the trees. I called 911 to get bounced around as we're in an unincorporated part of the county. I finally got someone to take ownership and a sherrif's deputy was dispatched. After 10 minutes without any more shots, my wife and I checked the back of the house. We found 1 ricochet about 7 feet up on the wall of the dining room with a direct impact hole below it at ankle height. My propane grill and the dining window are right next to this.

20150726_200636.jpg

20150726_200631.jpg

20150726_202801.jpg

The deputy showed up 40 minutes later. I showed him the spots on the porch and we looked over the rest of the house, then the trees, where we found several marks from being hit. The deputy verified the line of fire and left to go knock on the guy's door. He didn't answer initially so the deputy went around back and found a target setup in line with our house. About 100 yards or less, away. He found 30+ spent 223 shells which he took pictures of for documentation. He went to the neighbors and spoke with them, confirming the location of the gunshots. The deputy returned to the house in question and the guy answered the door the second time the deputy knocked. He blamed a friend who had conveniently left and lived in Lawton, but only know him by Preo. He tried to say it was a 9mm being fired and that he "didn't think the houses that way were lived in." The deputy came back to retrieve the report I wrote up and said he was going to run the guy's name and hope there was a warrant so he could arrest him. It's being turned over to the Sherrif's Investigators today with no immediate charges.

I checked the roof this morning and didn't find any holes or scarring, amazingly. Guess I'll give the investigators the day to review the pictures the Deputy took and the report, then call and inquire on it tomorrow.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW. That is awfully close to your propane tank. Glad everyone was OK, could have been a lot worse. I think i'd be having words with ole boy myself. I wonder if there are any legal steps you can take if there are no warrants?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have filmed that with my phone!!!

At what point does one declare that ones life is in danger and take measures to protect against the threat?

Your and your familie's welfare was in serious danger. I am glad everyone is OK.

Those people do not deserve to own guns....

Please do not let this one go...... punishment is needed!

I would try to excavate the bullet from your wall, keep it as evidence (Or have the police do that). Do not let them on your property to "Check things out". Call a lawyer and document everything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with others. File a complaint with the Sheriff and the guys insurance company.
If you don't want to talk to the guy, your insurance agent can likely find out who carries his insurance.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to confront the guy, myself. Anyone who is that asinine is too unstable for me to approach, especially on his property.

I thought about filming it, after it subsided, but during, it reminded me of Vietnam videos with bark and leaves and crap flying everywhere. I'll give my insurance a call and start that process.

Should I give the investigators the day, or call this afternoon? I'm not letting this go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to confront the guy, myself. Anyone who is that asinine is too unstable for me to approach, especially on his property.

I thought about filming it, after it subsided, but during, it reminded me of Vietnam videos with bark and leaves and crap flying everywhere. I'll give my insurance a call and start that process.

Should I give the investigators the day, or call this afternoon? I'm not letting this go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Now now now!!!!!
They could not be moving fast enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom