Turn off your AC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please run your AC at full blast. Especially if you buy your electricity from a source that generates it using natural gas. I need a larger bonus next year.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I realize I wear a tinfoil hat, but stop to think a minute.. The patent on the standard freons made and owned by duPont ran out. Suddenly they are really really bad for the environment. Ohh Guess what.. Now good old DuPont makes the new environmentally friendly stuff. Anybody else see something here that might be just a little suspicious? Can you say Hmmmmm

All you have to do is follow the money, politicians and tree huggers are in the same pocket.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please run your AC at full blast. Especially if you buy your electricity from a source that generates it using natural gas. I need a larger bonus next year.

Was it in the late 60's that all new power houses had to be coal fired, and 10% of the coal had to be from Wyoming? Follow the money, a politician most likely will be behind it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it in the late 60's that all new power houses had to be coal fired, and 10% of the coal had to be from Wyoming? Follow the money, a politician most likely will be behind it.

I retired from OGE. Your correct that it was most cost efficient to put in coal fired power plants. Still is.

When units were put in at the Sooner power plant, the company bought Wyoming coal because it would produce the highest BTU's with the lease amount of pollution. The Okla Corporation Commission required the power plants to use 10% Oklahoma produced coal. It was extremely high in sulfur, but the coal owners lobbied the OCC to allow it.
It had to be trucked in which was terribly expensive, and a separate blending unit had to be built to mix it with the Wyoming coal. After a couple of years of blending coal, the EPA required emissions couldn't be met, so the program was scrapped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom