Turn off your AC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nevermind, ain't worth my time. I will stop and visit with you when I see your horse and buggy.

Horse and buggy? I'm pretty comfortable saying my house is more advanced than any you've ever owned. Then again, the horse and buggy guys 100 years ago called bs on those new fangled petro cars that couldn't get 20 miles outside a city without running out of gas. Let me guess, you run your home's AC with your windows open. You know, to support your local energy industry?...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They aren't anything if not persistent. This was debunked back when Mt. Pinatubo blew up a long time ago. That spewed more CFCs into the air than mankind could ever do, we didn't die from it either.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize I wear a tinfoil hat, but stop to think a minute.. The patent on the standard freons made and owned by duPont ran out. Suddenly they are really really bad for the environment. Ohh Guess what.. Now good old DuPont makes the new environmentally friendly stuff. Anybody else see something here that might be just a little suspicious? Can you say Hmmmmm

That's not crazy. That's how business works.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize I wear a tinfoil hat, but stop to think a minute.. The patent on the standard freons made and owned by duPont ran out. Suddenly they are really really bad for the environment. Ohh Guess what.. Now good old DuPont makes the new environmentally friendly stuff. Anybody else see something here that might be just a little suspicious? Can you say Hmmmmm

Hmmmmmmm, Freon is a brand name as is Puron......they end with , on......o h n o....yea.h...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had option to go R22 or or the new 410
Looking at head pressures being higher with 410 so i was told. I opted for the old R22
Another option is propane.
Propane needs to be used and all this BS global warming about refrigerants will be shut up. But some say propane is safe and some say it is not..

Some reading for you that have not known about propane as a refrigerant.
My dad used it back in the 70's. Yes it is flammable but so are other things in in our home and cars.

http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1293&context=iracc

What coke-cola is doing.
http://www.es-refrigerants.com/resources/docs/hyrdrocarbon study.pdf

I have purchased and used enviro-safe refrigerants . Have you guys used the products like these. Available to the general public.
http://www.es-refrigerants.com/resources/reports.asp

Latest posts

Top Bottom