We Need an East Side Range in a Bad Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun World is possibly the worst firearms related shop in the world...and BDC is too far SE. Surely one of you has some decent land near Choctaw or Harrah??? Id like to see something similar to C&J only a little closer to I-40 and would even be willing to volunteer my time helping to get a place set up.

for cryin out loud, I just wanna shoot muh guns!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I feel your pain zg.

I HATE indoor ranges and would really like to have a place to shoot nearby.

I bought a few guns and gathered up some 22 ammo, with the help of some members here, and now there is no place around to take my girls out to shoot.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had this conversation with my wife many times. If the good Lord allows us to purchase a new home and move within the next year, I am hoping to find a house and land in that direction and do just as you say. Something small and simple to start and to hopefully become a budding business. I too just want to be able to shoot whenever!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea guys it sucks. I actually was considering going to gun world today...against my better judgment...but decided to call them first. I am going out of town to run some shooting drills and wanted to sight in my AR offset irons @ 20 yards as well as adjust a newly installed rear sight on my CZ 75b...so why not right?

I called...

ME "hey, havnt been in a while just wanted to double check the rules, brass non steel core ammo is good to go right?"
GW "well you have to buy our fragmenting rounds to shoot in the range, its $39.99 per 50 rds."
ME "80 cents a round for 223????"
GW "well it was $40 per 20 rounds but we just lowered the price."
ME "sigh...I just cant."

I hate them so much im mad at myself for even considering it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had this conversation with my wife many times. If the good Lord allows us to purchase a new home and move within the next year, I am hoping to find a house and land in that direction and do just as you say. Something small and simple to start and to hopefully become a budding business. I too just want to be able to shoot whenever!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Its tough job to get a new range started. The logistics of having heavy equipment, drop out zones, insurance, and maintenance like mowing, road repair, etc cost a ton of money annually.
I have a little experience in this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom