dentist taking heat for lion kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you need feeders, food plots and bait stands you might as well shoot cattle in the corral. Get out there and hunt or just stay home!!

I agree Yukon, if you use feeders and such. ..you are a shooter, not a hunter.

So neither of you hunt over wheat fields, acorns falling from a tree, persimmion groves?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What this guy did was not acceptable. They lured the lion out of the sanctuary and into an adjoining area. This guy has killed a rhino, he is ********* that does not deserve to be out there "hunting". I am not one of those that bags on the trophy hunters, most of them donate the meat to the surrounding villages, but this guy makes everybody look bad.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you need feeders, food plots and bait stands you might as well shoot cattle in the corral. Get out there and hunt or just stay home!!

I agree Yukon, if you use feeders and such. ..you are a shooter, not a hunter.

That's fair enough. Purists will always have a place in my mind worthy of respect. My BiL can leave before dawn, stay until nightfall. Patiently sitting quiet over the river, or silently stalking the orchards. I can't bring myself to do that. I food plot, feed, cam scout, and most recently, I put in a few solar pump ponds at varying distances around the hunt-house. I'll be the first to admit, I hate hunting. It's hot, sweaty, buggy, and miserable before we put in the solar powered tvs. I hate the smells. I despise cleaning animals, turkey's by far the worst. I hate the taste of deer, and give every bit of it to my buddy... but boy do I like shooting em. Elk, on the other hand, are a completely different story. Given that payoff, I'm fine playing the stalking purist.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What this guy did was not acceptable. They lured the lion out of the sanctuary and into an adjoining area. This guy has killed a rhino, he is ********* that does not deserve to be out there "hunting". I am not one of those that bags on the trophy hunters, most of them donate the meat to the surrounding villages, but this guy makes everybody look bad.

I'm thinking the "lured" thing may be the thing the writer is focusing on that is causing the uproar. I'd like more information about "lured" before making judgment.

Even though the lion was on a refuge, it like other male animals may roam for many miles in search of a mate. Older males that can't compete with younger stronger males may even wander further. He may have been perfectly legal in doing so, but again, the "lured" thing screams of bias by the reporter unless they can show some specific details.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking the "lured" thing may be the thing the writer is focusing on that is causing the uproar. I'd like more information about "lured" before making judgment.

Even though the lion was on a refuge, it like other male animals may roam for many miles in search of a mate. Older males that can't compete with younger stronger males may even wander further. He may have been perfectly legal in doing so, but again, the "lured" thing screams of bias by the reporter unless they can show some specific details.

The article I first read about it said that the guides tied a piece of meat to a truck and lured him out of the reserve with that. If that is the case, than I think I would have been a little bit skeptical about it being a legal hunt if I were the guy. Sure, I have never been on an African hunt (although I hope to one day), but that hardly seems like normal practice to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom