Windows 10 Problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The scenario they point out is ridiculous. If they are 1: On your contact list & 2: within wifi range, wtf is the problem with them being on your wifi? Who in the world is going to add a contact they don't know. And who in their right mind still uses Outlook?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The scenario they point out is ridiculous. If they are 1: On your contact list & 2: within wifi range, wtf is the problem with them being on your wifi? Who in the world is going to add a contact they don't know. And who in their right mind still uses Outlook?

I have a lot of contacts I don't know and I wouldn't want on my WiFi. It's called "business".

Also, it's Outlook, Skype, and Facebook.

I know a lot of people who use Outlook - mostly for business. A ton of people use Skype - I don't because my account was hijacked and Microsoft won't give it back.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A normal laptop is good for 300 feet (or a city block) easily. Add a directional antenna, and you can go several miles.

Again... In what scenario is that going to happen? I agree, it could be problematic for a business/individual that fails to secure their network... but a threat to wifi? Come on... I'm gonna pay $3 a gallon for gas to go across town for free internet?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like Windows 10 is just another OS designed for mobile devices being touted as a desktop OS. They probably killed XP because it wasn't sending big brother enough info.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again... In what scenario is that going to happen? I agree, it could be problematic for a business/individual that fails to secure their network... but a threat to wifi? Come on... I'm gonna pay $3 a gallon for gas to go across town for free internet?

Actually there are people that do this. They don't wanna pay for internet service and they don't wanna have big brother knocking on their door cause they've been visiting certain websites. It's a larger problem then what you think.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually there are people that do this. They don't wanna pay for internet service and they don't wanna have big brother knocking on their door cause they've been visiting certain websites. It's a larger problem then what you think.

Again... someone in your contacts. Not your creepy neighbor. And it's a feature, that you control... I don't see the story here, just click-bait

Latest posts

Top Bottom