KY: Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; cites right to privacy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the homeowner/landowner, William H. Merideth, on this. But I can see where the disabled drone could cause more problems/injuries when it was shot down. I think that the operator of the drone should be the one on the hot seat. Hovering over a drone over a swimming pool with a girl in it does not give the pervert drone operator the right to hover his expensive toy to get his jolly's and invade another person's privacy.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/hillview-man-arrested-for-shooting-down-drone-cites-right-to-privacy
Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; cites right to privacy
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 11:38 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 29, 2015 4:16 PM CDT
By Ryan Cummings

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see how this plays out in court. Typically, there is no right to privacy from the air (think celebrity weddings photographed from helicopters) as you don't own the airspace over your house.

Drones may change the math as they are far more accessible, though.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the LEO probably sided with the wrong party here. But, I can't blame him too much. Drones are so new, who understands the laws around their use? Soon, they'll be commonplace and law enforcement and property owners will be on firmer footing when dealing with their intrusions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom