Having to another truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Engine going out in my current truck and have been shopping for another one. I can't believe the prices for new, they seem awful high. I usually by used, but there doesn't seem to much of a price break. 25k - 30k for a truck that has +60k. I'd rather not finance for 84 months. I guess this is the way of the world now.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shop around, you can still find good deals from private sellers. I bought my truck with 25k on it for $35k a couple of years back. It's a loaded 2011 FX4 and was 2 years old when I got it. It was a hair under private blue book, so a fair price for me and the seller. Beats the 54K sticker it had when it was new...though he probably paid 48'ish

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shop around, you can still find good deals from private sellers. I bought my truck with 25k on it for $35k a couple of years back. It's a loaded 2011 FX4 and was 2 years old when I got it. It was a hair under private blue book, so a fair price for me and the seller. Beats the 54K sticker it had when it was new...though he probably paid 48'ish

I bought a new Platinum 4wd with every option for $42,500. It was the most expensive half ton that Ford sold. It stickered for $54,400. FX4's aren't that much.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 1994 F150 Supercab 4x4 with only 105,000 miles on it for only $3500. This thing is minty. Deals are out there you just gotta look.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have an "expert" cousin that was telling me the horror stories. Not sure where he got his info. Your link looks encouraging. I'll be in the market for a new Pickup soon. Toyota Tundra comes to mind first, but the F150 comes in a close second with that ecoboost.

319,000 on the Tacoma so far. Still not using any engine oil, so Toyota is still my fav.

Latest posts

Top Bottom